No, it’s not really November already, is it? I can’t believe it- but Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away. And with the holidays approaching, family get- togethers are not far behind. This month, we have some really good tips on how to get along with your relatives at those family gatherings, and not lose your mind (or damage your relationships!) in the process. This month I have some relationship help from my mother-in-law, who knows exactly what it takes for the success of a long term marriage. Speaking of family relationships, we also have a great article on how to have a wonderful relationship with your in-laws, just in case yours needs a bit of help. Enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Posts tagged ‘Thanksgiving’
This holiday season, join Charlie Brown and the Peanuts gang around the table for a (very!) unique Thanksgiving dinner. From pilgrims to popcorn, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving comes to life in this beautifully re-mastered 40th anniversary edition. Magically marrying a book-like feel with clever interactive elements, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving will leave your senses hungry for a second helping!
Kick the football with Charlie Brown, prepare the meal with Master Chef Snoopy, and set the table with Woodstock as the gang discovers the true meaning of Thanksgiving. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving captures the playful nature of this timeless TV classic through hundreds of living animations, illustrations and graphic elements.
Make a new family tradition this holiday season – add A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving to your digital library today!
* Featuring dialogue, music and sound effects from the original 1973 animated special.
* All-new art style turns every page into a living illustration
* Touch, tilt and slide your way through every page of the book!
* Leaf collecting feature and instructional elements playfully guide little readers through the story.
* “For Parents” area safely separates adult controls from child-friendly content.
* Enhanced type and improved swipe tabs increase the applications readability across devices.
* Engaging narration by Stephen Shea, the voice of Linus van Pelt.
* Three reading modes are included for your enjoyment: Read to Me, Read Myself, and Autoplay.
* Additional educational features include word highlighting and touch-to-speak technology.
* Optimized for iPhone 5 and iOS 7
Can you believe that it’s already the first day of November? The presidential election is next week, followed by Veteran’s Day (see our special community give back section) and then Thanksgiving! This is the time of year when everything seems like it’s in fast forward-and many things are being asked of us. This can bring on additional stress and anxiety, and take away the pleasure of the season. Make sure you spend some time with yourself, by yourself, and for yourself to help re-charge and de-stress. Think about what you have to be thankful for this season, and what abundance you have in your life. If you feel discouraged, try my secret strategy for finding a positive outlook- do something for your community and I guarantee it will change your perspective on things!