How do you begin to identify what changes and goals you want to make? When YOU decide to change your life, here are some ideas:
- Explore your feelings. Keep a journal, talk with a trusted friend, get feedback from family about their perspective.
- Envision your future. Make a collage, do a guided visualization, create a mindmap, research some possibilities.
- Be open to new ideas and perspectives. Take a class, say “yes” instead of no, try something different, daring and fun. Doing “one thing different” will help to expand your goal seeking.
- Look for kindred spirits. Seek out those people who make you blossom, with similar interests, energy and dreams. Avoid those who bring you down.
- Set goals and targets. Follow through, evaluate your progress, and reward yourself for the achievements that you make.
- Take one step at a time. Divide your goals into small steps, do one small thing each day. Remind yourself that experience is part of the process, not good or bad. Start now!