Now…what do you do to cut these negative attachments with people who are draining your life force?
- Make peace with any anger, conflict and resentment you have toward whoever in the present (or the past) has been a negative drain on your life. In doing so, realize that no one can take your energy without you allowing that to happen.
- Some people suggest taking frequent baths to energetically “cleanse” yourself. The feng shui behind the bath habit is that you will amp up your water element. Water is the element of fresh starts, of emotional richness and revived motion.
- I read about and tried this exercise and it is very cool: Visualize yourself on a bridge and the person who you need to but the negative attachment with is on the other side of the bridge. Walk toward the person and picture them walking toward you. Forgive them for everything that has gone wrong, apologize for anything you may have done and wish them well. Then, you walk away. It seems simple, but it really helped me to understand the ways in which I have become attached to people unwittingly.
- You can also try this visualization: Get super relaxed before bed and scan your body for spots along the center line of your body that feel stuck. Concentrate on these areas and see if there are people and situations that spring to mind when you focus on each area. Do you feel the ties that bind you to these people in a negative fashion? If so, imagine you have a scissor and can cut these chords. This is a beautiful symbolic way to imagine the negative ways that people relate to one another melting away, rather than wishing people away from you. Before you sleep, wish everyone well in your life. I always do this before bed… sending positive thoughts out into the world.
- Clear the old stuff out of your space that is loaded with tainted energy from people in your past who are no longer in your life who have brought you grief. A friend wore a necklace given to him by a toxic ex-girlfriend for years, and when he moved to make a change in his life is was stolen off his neck. You know, its much more pleasant to give this stuff to charity or recycle it!
- Spend lots of time in nature and spend time every day – or at least every week- by yourself and unplugged from electronics. This is a great way to strengthen your personal energy.
Its important that I reiterate that this post is not about witchcraft or magic- its about your psychological well-being and energetic (qi) life force and vitality. That said, when you cut chords of negative attachment and work on strengthening positive attachments what happens can feel magical. Enjoy your power!
Source: Dana of http://www.fengshuidana.com