1. Know your values – First and foremost. You need to know what’s important to you in life, what you truly value, and what you’re ultimately aiming for. Once you know who you really are and what matters to you, what other people think of you become significantly less important. When you know your values, you’ll have something to stand up for something you believe in. You’ll stop saying yes to everything.
2. Put yourself out there – Now that you know what your values are, it’s time to put yourself out there. This can be done several ways. Here are a few suggestions:
- Wearing a polka dot sweater
- Public Speaking
- Flirting/Asking someone out
Keep in mind that when you’re doing any of these activities, you have to speak your mind. Be honest with yourself and what you share, because the world doesn’t need another conflict avoider who does what everyone else does.
3. Surround yourself with pros – Surround yourself with people who are self-assured, and live life without comprising their core values. These people will rub off on you quickly.
4. Create a “Growth List” – A Growth List is comprised of all the things in life that makes you uncomfortable. These are fears, insecurities anything that gives you the jitters. Here’s how it works.
You start by writing all the things that make you feel uncomfortable.
Then one by one, you do them. Once you complete the task, you move on to the next. Repeat. This exercise does wonders. You can read all the books in the world about being confident or getting over your fears, but if you don’t take action, you’re just someone who’s read how to ride a bicycle without ever having ridden one.
Source: Sean Kim in Life Hacking