1. Avoid humiliating your partner- do you want revenge or a do you want a relationship?
2. Separate complaints from criticism- your relationship will heal more quickly.
3. Isolate the times that you talk about the betrayal- too many details are damaging.
4. Evaluate your capacity to forgive, motivation to change, and the pattern of mistrustful behavior. You have the right to regain a sense of control.
5. Get help- from your usual support system, professional counselor or family. Don’t isolate yourself because of shame or humiliation.