1. If there is something special you’d like to do, be proactive and suggest it. Expecting him to read your mind is a set up for both of you.
2. Think of all the ways your partner is good to you. This should balance out your expectations around this one particular holiday.
3. Choose to make this holiday romantic for your partner, instead of thinking about what should be done for you. This should take the pressure off.
4. Give the gift of your time by performing trivial chores for your spouse, such as folding the clothes, running an errand, washing the car, etc.
5. Be spontaneous and surprising with winking at each other, whisking your spouse away for an unexpected weekend alone, star-gazing together, taking a walk in the rain with one another. Valentine’s Day should be a time to reflect on and share your love for one another, but so should everyday!